Pages

Friday, September 26, 2008

Contemplation


This picture is one of my earlier paintings. It makes me feel peaceful - thought it was time for another image to brighten up my blog.
At the moment I'm working on a simple patchwork quilt, which will hopefully be finished soon so I can post a picture of it. Sure I've broken a myriad of quilting rules in the making of it, but I'm happy with it, you'll see the results soon.
Today when reading my favourite blog of a wonderful Canadian artist called Violette, she suggested being truly creative and creating all your Christmas presents and cards this year. A great idea when we're worrying about the 'credit crunch' which dominates the news, but also what a great way to show someone how much you love them - to spend time on them, an awesome gift.
(image copyright of Lara Geach)

No comments: