Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Spring is sprung ...

What a beautiful day it was today - sunny and warm, 30 degrees, lovely and a sure sign spring has truly sprung and that summer is just around the corner. So, I put my sheets of paper outside to dry in the sun, and I am quite impressed by the final result. My daughter had a look and asked why I hadn't put the paper paste in the beetroot juice like I said I would, so it looks like I was being a bit optimistic expecting a dusky pink colour scheme. More like off white, but I'm still pleased with the result.

Talking about paper, (this is a very tenuous link!) I am terrible for leaving slips of paper around the house with messages from friends, drawings from the kids or just something I want to remember. Yesterday I spring cleaned my art corner and found a poem I'd jotted down ages ago, it's truly lovely. Just hope the spellings are right as I wrote it down in felt pen and some of the letters are a bit smudgy ...

"I had a jewel in my fingers -
And went to sleep -
The day was warm, and winds were prosy -
I said "Twill keep"

I woke and chid my honest fingers.
The Gem was gone -
And now, an Amethyst remembrance
Is all I own."

- by Emily Dickson

Isn't it beautiful? Poetry now added to my list of 'art in life'.

No comments: