Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Desiderata - my favourite verse

To be honest I've been feeling a bit low for the past few days - my little black cloud does try and follow me about some days! I re-read 'Desiderata' and the following verse is just so lovely, I find it very soothing ...

"Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should." - Max Ehrmann

I like the idea of being 'a child of the universe'. It makes me feel comfortable and as if something much bigger is looking after us all. And we are all important.

My dream of being gentle with myself, would be to sit under a big tree in the sun and just draw and paint for hours and hours. Absolute bliss ... How would you be kind to yourself?

No comments: