Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Going dotty


Ah, what a lovely Sunday - sitting in the sunny outdoors, sipping wine and talking about life, the universe and everything. A good way to spend the afternoon, especially as we'd both planned to be doing a whole list of chores, much better! Anyway, as I was contemplating the meaning of life I looked at our dead Ponga tree trunk for about the millionth time and realized that it is covered in a spotty pattern. It's beautiful, don't know if you can see it properly in the photo - I was trying to talk to a friend on the phone whilst taking the picture one handed! I've toyed with the idea of making it into a kind of totem pole, it's just calling out for some creative re-working, but now I want to do something with those delicious dots. Will have to get my thinking cap on. You see, inspiration is everywhere.

I'm also putting out my intention to paint this painting I keep mentioning to everyone who will listen. It's been stuck in my head for ages and I need to get it on canvas. So if I say here that I will be painting it this week, it will happen, and then I can blog about it.

Also in my picture is my beloved purple windmill. I bought it last Christmas and after a year in the garden in all weathers it's looking a bit sorry for itself, all its shiny bits have fallen off, need to get my glitter out and 'bling' it up!

No comments: