Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Late night thoughts

A short post tonight - have just finished my bookkeeping and my brain is feeling tired and hazy! Wanted to share another quote that is in line with how I've been thinking for a few days. I have a dream of being an artist and sharing my message that creativity is everyone's birthright, but sometimes I get a bit mixed up with other things that are going on in life and I get distracted by it. It's not that I forget my dream, I just take my eye off it for a second. And then it hits me - that feeling of having no direction, as if I'm wandering aimlessly and it feels very uncomfortable. A wise friend commented on this recently, saying that if I keep my focus on my dreams, everything else will fall into place around them. I've been mulling that over for most of the day and it really is very sensible! I'm now feeling as if I've found the path again and am heading in the right direction.

I think it's healthy for us all to have dreams, however large or small, and it's important to keep our eye on them, and head towards them one day at a time, which brings me to my quote:

"The distance is nothing, it's only the first step that is difficult." Marie de Vichy Charod, 1763.

So keep going, one step at a time!

No comments: