Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Not writer's block!


I've been feeling a bit frustrated today - I feel as if I've got loads to do, and don't know where to start, so I haven't done anything. Ah! Christmas is just around the corner, and I've been determined to make most of the presents, rather than go out and buy stuff that people may or may not like. Part of me is wishing to give in and hit the shops, not very creative hey? I've also got several projects floating around in my head that I want to create on canvas or with my new found love of felting. It's almost like writer's block in reverse - I've just got too much to do and I don't know what to do first. Maybe I should be like an organized business person type and make a list of everything I need to do and then prioritize. Worth a try.

Anyway ... the picture is a little reminder for me not to stray from the path, and not to get into too much of a flap about everything! It's funny really, I was thinking I may have to switch my day around and make time for artistic pursuits, and how on earth was I going to do this. This afternoon I popped into a friend's shop to buy some crystals for my spirit dolls and as I was paying I picked up one of the cards on the counter (they're like 'wise words for today' type cards). This card's word was PROCESS and basically told me that I should head for my goal, but not push it too hard. Instead I should take it day by day and just enjoy the process of getting to my goal. So maybe I should stop panicking take a bit of time out to smell the roses and just enjoy the journey rather than get frustrated by it!

Just an aside, I did take a few moments out today to watch a bobtail lizard in our garden. We'd been hearing quiet scraping noises and wondered what it was, and on investigation discovered the bobtail walking right alongside the ground level windows, scraping it's tiny feet as it went. They are so gorgeous, though I must say the first time I saw one, I only saw it's head first and frightened myself silly thinking it was a huge snake, until the last part of its body walked past. They truly are a marvel though, I enjoyed my few moments watching it living it's life in our back yard.

No comments: