Pages

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Inner journeys

I have no pictures today, so you'll have to put up with me rambling on about nothing in particular! Today was a 'this and that' sort of day. My creativity extended to icing the Christmas cake finally and finishing a flower for my patchwork quilt. May post a pic of that some day, it's something I've been working on since 2004, obviously not regularly as I've only made 7 flowers, and I need to make 14 I think. It's that long since I've looked at the pattern!

I've also been sorting through piles of old magazines I've had for years. They've got plenty of colourful pictures of fashion, gardens, crafts, etc and I like to keep scrapbooks of the ones that interest me in case I need inspiration for a project. Plus it's a bit like revisiting your childhood making a scrapbook. I did read in one of the articles that keeping a childlike outlook on life can help you stress less, so you should indulge in something that brings out the inner child, like playing footie with your kids, scrapbooking or blowing bubbles!!

For one of my Christmas presents I was bought a place on an online doll making course. It's a healing medicine doll course, and you have to keep a journal as you work through the curriculum and share thoughts and processes with an online group. The course is by Barb Kobe and you can look it up on the net, I will put in a link in a day or so. I was invited to join the group, but chickened out for some reason I can't explain. It's a course I really want to do, and will do it, but I know that as soon as I introduce myself to the rest of the group I will have committed to another journey of self-discovery and I know it's hard work! I will let you know as soon as I've been brave enough to say 'hello' to the rest of the group ...

Oh well, off to sit outside under my fairy lights and have a nightcap, a lovely peaceful end to a peaceful day.

No comments: