Pages

Friday, December 26, 2008

Quiet Boxing Day ... ramblings


Not much doing today, the quiet after the storm. Think my whole body went on strike after all the rushing about and I slept on the couch in the front room whilst my family occupied themselves around me!

The most creative thing I did was make some mince pies, which were extremely yummy and I think I may have had more than my fair share of them.

I sat up late last night when everyone had gone to bed and watched 'The Hours' which is a story based around Virginia Woolf. Some of the scenes relative to mental health were reminiscent of the experience of depression which I've suffered myself in the past and it was quite painful to watch. I absolutely loved the film though, it was one that really makes you 'feel'.

On a lighter note, we finished off the Christmas crackers and sometimes you can find a gem of a quote, one of which I will share here:

"Everyone has a talent. What is rare is the courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads." Erica Jong

Don't fear to follow that inner journey, just follow your heart ...

No comments: