Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Sometimes I really annoy myself ...

An early blog for me today as we are going visiting and I don't know what time we'll be back. I've also given myself permission to take Sundays off from blogging if I feel like it, to do some writing in my paper journal.

Anyway, I've had a few moments of self-doubt since my post last night, and felt I had to get the opinion of my husband and a trusted artist friend just to check the post was 'OK'. What a numpty - here I am on a journey of self-discovery still asking for approval! My husband's opinion was it's my blog and I can write whatever I like, and Violette told me it sounded as if I was passionate about my creativity and speaking from the heart, and hello - what was my problem? So now I feel a bit silly but can laugh at myself getting so caught up in one of those 'Shenpa' moments I wrote about last month! At least I realized what I was doing before I let myself get into a real muddle; things are improving!

I also got into a grump last night when I couldn't find a pattern I'd made for a fabric spirit doll. In the last minute rush before Christmas I put the pattern in a 'safe' place, and do you think I can find it now. "It was perfect" I've been lamenting! Then the sensible part of me started to think that if I've created a pattern before, I'll most likely be able to produce another one, and maybe I need to let go of some 'perfect' things and not be so uptight! And that's exactly what I'm going to do. I'm planning to do some antidote art to all that Christmas giving and meditate on what gifts we have in our lives already. As ever, I'll post the finished piece - just need to make that pattern ...

No comments: