Pages

Friday, February 6, 2009

A day of celebration!


Flouncing about in our sega skirts - sunshine joining in!


The beautiful sunset viewed from our drive tonight

What a lovely birthday! I was brought breakfast in bed and opened presents from my family. It was a great start. My big treat was lunch out at a winery in the Bickley Valley, it is such a relaxing place.

Us girls decided to get into the party spirit and wore our sega skirts which were made for us when we were lucky enough to visit the divine isle of Mauritius on a stop off back from the UK. We felt very exotic! Then after dinner we all sat on our drive and watched the sunset. The kids said that it was a present just for me from God for my birthday. I thought that was quite special!

The other reason for celebrating today is that I have achieved my 100 days of blogging!!! Hurray!!! It's been so much fun, I'm definitely going to carry on. I know I don't always include something arty in each post, but just writing is a creative act, and it certainly has helped me with my art and creativity. I need to think about what I'm going to talk about, whether I want to produce something for the blog and it also helps me to focus my ideas. The amount of artworks I have produced since starting this at the end of September has certainly increased - we're beginning to wonder where we will find the room. So, yes, I'm here for a while. Thanks also to the people who have encouraged me with their comments, both here on the blog and personally. You're lovely and it means the world to me!

No comments: