Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2009

We're back!


This is the 'unreal' sunset taken from the bach we were staying in at Raglan. I love the colours that 'happened' - it looks like a painting!


Me standing by a quiet pool and a palm on the path to the Bridal Veil Falls (meant to include the one with me among the ponga, but that will have to wait!) It was so peaceful and delightfully cool.


Standing by Bridal Veil Falls, looking a bit windblown and not really wanting to have my photo taken!


Bridal Veil Falls as it reaches its destination - it's so green and gorgeous.


We returned to Perth in the middle of the week, and I'm just about beginning to feel 'normal' - flying always makes me feel terrible for a few days when I get back down to earth, so I've been catching up with my sleep. But I needed to write something in my blog as I've missed my electronic journalling more than I could imagine.

Anyway, we had a great time, catching up with friends and visiting our haunts of old, as well as breaking new ground and travelling to Raglan which we've never seen before - and it was beautiful as you can see from the pictures. I was lucky enough to see some wonderful art works at the Raglan art markets, gained some inspiration and met a lovely artist who made jewellery from shells and her own findings from sterling silver. And yes, I did give in to temptation and bought a funky necklace which had as its centrepiece a shard of the breathtakingly gorgeous paua shell. I will have to get someone to take a picture of me wearing it, words don't do it justice. It was extra special because I got to speak to the creator and we exchanged a few ideas about marketing our art.

After the two day (too short!) adventure in Raglan, we travelled up to Auckland, where we used to live and settled into our home in Cockle Bay. I've got more pictures to share from that time, but I will share them over the next couple of days, as well as thoughts prompted from my voyage. It's great to be back in our own space, with all my art materials surrounding me, but I do miss the relaxation! Suppose we had to get back to real life in the end!

No comments: