Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Busy, busy ...

My guardian doll face lying on some gorgeous fabric I bought from ebay - received today - I'm going to make a bag with it.

An amazingly productive day today! I was lined up for a creativity class, but it was a no-show; however, I did not despair and sat and produced a wonderful mindmap on a piece of A1 paper with ideas for marketing, products and workshops. If you read yesterday's post you'll know that I've begun to make a website (although I am having problems getting the domain name I want, due to purchasing rather than it not being available!) So it's not doom and gloom at all, perhaps it's just not the right time for the class, and I know I need to work on my marketing techniques. It will happen though!

After making my mind map, I made a face for my guardian doll out of air drying material. I needed to do it before anyone came home and distracted me - which would happen very easily because I've been dreading making the face! No excuses, and I sat down with the clay and my modelling tools and just started to fashion the face. And I'm so pleased with the result. It's supposed to look like a mother looking at her child with love - it does look a bit strange with no colour and no hair, but trust me, it's going to look brilliant!

Then ... I managed to do some more painting of my Celtic knots. It takes quite a while and I need to do it in the daytime, because it's hard to see how the paint is going on when it's nighttime, and we don't really have suitable lighting for night painting. Add to that it's also time for chores and feeding the family, I don't get much opportunity to paint. Can't be an artist all day I suppose. So today has been spent working on the business and in the business. It's been lots of fun, I want to do this job full-time!

No comments: