Pages

Monday, May 11, 2009

Inspiring artists


As a prelude to my interview with Violette on Wednesday, I wanted to show you a couple of pictures inspired by her art activities she posts on her blog for anyone to try. The pink canvas is celebrating the year I took part in the WA art festival 'Artopia' (alas, it is no more ...) and the yellow canvas is one I created at my classes last year. The common theme is the little half sphere in the corner which I made everyone incorporate in some manner into their artwork! Violette called her work "I'm going to Pluto ..." which I thought was awesome. The sphere in my Artopia picture is all my arty ideas floating in the ethereal realms waiting to be fully realized. All good fun - check out the website if you feel inspired, and look under the 'art tips' link on the menu.

It's funny what little things make you happy. Today I saw in my 'blog following' window that Dooflinky Dolls had written a post after an absence of a few months. I went straight to her site to check out what creation she was writing about. This site is about dolls made from felting and the work is just so lovely, I wish I could felt like that! It really is worth a look; I love the way 'Dooflinky' is so honest and all her work is from the heart. Genuine creativity, beautiful. It was lovely to hear from her again in the blogosphere!

No comments: