Pages

Friday, May 22, 2009

Venturing into the City ...



Unfortunately I don't have much to write about today. We had to venture into the corporate junky world today and go to the City to sign some papers for my husband's business. The hour we were there was more than enough! In a former life I used to be a secretary - I've worked for some lovely people and used to really enjoy organizing them (okay, bossing them about), but as I've got older and realized what sort of work I enjoy doing the desire to ever return to the 'corporate' world gets less and less!

Perth has really grown since we first came here for our big OE adventure way back in 1994. Thought it would be fun to post a couple of photos from back then, when I was a youngster! The first is me at Barrack St Jetty, which has changed enormously - there is now the Swan Bell Tower and a 'Perth Eye' ferris wheel. The second picture is of me standing in front of the replica of the Endeavour at Fremantle. It was pretty cool as the ship circumnavigated Australia and when we arrived in Syndey after our travels around Oz, the Endeavour was there to greet us in the harbour.

No comments: