Pages

Monday, June 29, 2009

Cold night in ...


Now this is the best way to spend a cold night in - wearing a fur coat curled up on a sofa in front of the fire. Cats certainly know how to get their comforts don't they?
Creativity was of a definite non-arty sort today. The weather has been pretty awful and we had a power cut until midday, so I couldn't get my sewing machine out as planned. I planned a lovely dinner instead as it's our wedding anniversary today, and took my little boy into town to get supplies. Unfortunately as we left the car it started to rain heavily and the wind blew mightily and I managed to turn my huge golf umbrella inside out and broke a spoke. Suppose you could say I was creating havoc! Anyway, we did navigate Kalamunda quite safely despite the horrible weather conditions and people driving quickly through puddles (why? cars aren't going to mind getting wet, they're not in a hurry to get home into the dry!).
As soon as the power was back on I treated myself to membership of Ancestry.com as an anniversary present, and had a quick look for some of my long lost rellies. We're lucky enough to have a huge family bible with a page with a list of the family who owned it written on, so I thought that was a good place to start. I was so excited to find one of my relations listed on a census of 1891, and could have quite easily sat on the computer all night trying to find the others. So I have found myself another activity, it's just a challenge finding the time! Next step will be to begin creating my family tree ...

No comments: