Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I really love art as therapy!


It is such a pleasure to be able to work alongside an art therapist like Linda from Creative Seeds. Today we made a 'map' of a day (which happened to be yesterday) just to see the highs and lows of a day. It helps you to see what triggers the negative and positive happenings (and your reactions to them). I began by drawing my 'road' in bright blue just so that I could see where I was going and added in the colours and images as I travelled from left - the morning - to right - the evening. I think you can see where I was bored and sometimes out of my comfort zone in the white, gray and black area! It was funny, but when I wrote my blog last night my mind was still stuck in the black part of the day, but if you look at the picture most of my day was full of colour and positive things. The flowers signify my morning spent at the rose gardens with my son and husband, which was absolutely delightful. The colour purple surrounds everything that happens in the day - just like my spirituality, and the hearts are to symbolize the love that pervades throughout the day, and yes, that is even present in my more negative moments. So I had a completely different perspective of yesterday after I had finished, and felt a lot happier and calmer about it. And all from a line drawn on a page ...

No comments: