Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Hello Kitty Lookalike


Isn't she so cute? This is a Hello Kitty lookalike I've knitted for a very special person's birthday. You can find the pattern here if you'd like to have a go yourself. It will probably take a couple of hours to do the knitting part, and another couple of hours to do the sewing and messing around with stuffing (plus finding things/materials if you're anything like me). The pattern didn't include the bow as seen on my kitty, but as my daughter said, you can't have a kitty without a bow. I made it by casting on 12 stitches and knitting 8 rows garter stitch, then casting off; next I wound a length of wool around the centre to make the bow shape and used the end to sew the bow to the toy's head. You could even make some little polka dot dresses for her ... hmmm, got the imagination going now ...

Oh, and Kitty is quite small, less than 15cm high, but I think that is just right for small hands, or to tuck into a handbag for grown up Kitty fans!

No comments: