Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Roaring Forties

My art materials taking over the kitchen table. I started painting the background for my new banner, but later discarded it for something much more interesting.

It's a good job I didn't blog yesterday - all I would have done is complain and moan about the weather! It's been in the 40's for the past couple of days, a bit (!) cooler today.

Anyway the 40's part is a good link as it's my 40th birthday in less than 3 weeks time!! Yay, at last I'll be a grown up! No seriously, I am quite excited about it - maybe I'm just amazed that I got this far ... Well, on Sunday I spent quite a bit of time trying to download a counter to decorate the blog and countdown until the big day. But do you think I could work out how to do it? No way! It's supposed to be a simple downloadable gadget, but they obviously didn't count on me ever using it. What made me feel slightly better was that my very intelligent, technology savvy son couldn't even work out how to do it, so it isn't that I'm an old fogey with no techno know how. Thank goodness, oh the shame of it ...

Art and craft wise I have been making my banner as you can see from the photos. I'm also continuing to crochet a granny a day - it only takes 3 weeks to form a habit, so I'm hoping that this becomes one. It's a guaranteed way to get some creativity into my day, and I'm loving it!

You know, as I've been approaching my big 4-0 people have been asking if I'm going to dye my hair to hide my grey hairs! Firstly, what business is it of theirs, and secondly, no I'm not! I'm actually trying to cultivate two gorgeous grey streaks on each side of my head so that I can look like an old crone! Of course it will have to be a glorious shiny white that you'll be able to see amongst the other grey hair when I'm older!

I found a quote in a magazine about this very subject and I hope it makes you smile like I did (good old P G Wodehouse!)

"There is only one cure for grey hair. It was invented by a Frenchman. It is called the guillotine."

Right, I'm going to have one more go at that counter ...

No comments: