Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

Craft those blues away ...


Not sure what the matter has been for the past few days, maybe it is just the change of seasons, but I've been feeling decidedly ungrounded, wishy-washy, a touch anxious. So, I've been losing myself in my own crafty world as you can see from the photo. All done since my last post, and by no means are all the crocheted squares on show - I'm still working on my creamy bedspread squares, but thought it could get somewhat boring if I show and tell every single one I make :) I'm really pleased with the white and lilac square that is still on the hook in the picture. If it turns out OK I intend to make another afghan with it (and lots more squares obviously). We won't be getting cold in our house this winter I can tell you! Oh and the red square is a swatch for a groovy hooded vest I'm planning on making. Check out my ravelry page and you'll see a link for the pattern in my queue! (You can click on the ravelry button in the sidebar - I'm still feeling extremely clever for making that work, it should wear off soon ...)

Also, I can't help feeling that my 'art' has taken a backseat. But sometimes I think you simply need to work at something with more structure to get you through the unfocussed times, it's still creativity and I find it as therapeutic as coming up with an original piece of art. Suppose I'm learning to listen to what my creative head - or heart - wants to do. I did take out a book on mandalas from the library the other day so I may produce one of them in the next day or so ...

No comments: