Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Remembering healing

Whilst tidying up the other day I found some of the art pieces I made when I was working with an art therapist last year.  Some of the pictures I felt I could let go of so I tore the sheets up into smaller pieces which I'm saving to make  scrapbook/journal when I get the time.  Ha ha!  The other pictures brought up some emotions and feelings that I'd like to keep hold of for a while longer so I'm keeping those safe.  Mainly I felt contented and happy that I've worked through some tough issues, and it's good to be reminded of the healing power of art - that we contain everything within ourselves to heal ourselves.  I can't recommend art therapy enough, here's an art therapist link for those of you in the Perth area.

A couple of my favourite images:



1 comment:

Lisa said...

I've just found your blog and am loving it!