Pages

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Well done boys!

Here's my lovely boy who along with his dad walked over 50 laps at the 'Relay for Life' this weekend.  It's a fundraising event for the Cancer Council of Australia, held at the Challenge Stadium in Perth.  They were part of the relay team of Mr Rental WA.  I'm so proud of them.  They did fantastically - I only did a measly 5 laps!  True to form I managed to find a creative activity and decorated a bag to put my tribute candle in (for Grandma Chandler and Grandma Underwood - love you).  At 8 pm last night there was a candlelit vigil when victims of cancer and their loved ones were remembered.  I thought of my maternal and paternal grandmothers who both lost their lives to cancer, and also thought of my mum who had to nurse her mother when she was ill.  Our family got split up for a while, so I was standing with 2 of my kiddies and we just hugged each other close and counted our blessings that we had each other and our health.  An emotional evening, but a priceless experience.

Needless to say, the two walkers have aching legs and a ton of respect!

No comments: