Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Making dreary DELIGHTFUL!

I woke up today feeling as though I'd hit a brick wall.  I've been thinking about how to proceed with my artistic dreams, thinking about how to entertain the kids whilst it's raining, thinking about my old friends in the UK, thinking, thinking, thinking, but not doing!  I've lost my get up and go.

In the Dream Boogie with SARK course, we are encouraged to approach our goals in teeny tiny steps, and to make the most mundane task appear miraculous, marvellous and magnificent, just by altering the way we describe it and perceive it.  So, I thought I would draw a deliciously, delightful wall.  And do you know what.  I feel so much better.  Really.  I don't know whether it's the combination of colours, the lovely silkiness of pencil against paper or simply the relaxing effect of having 5 minutes to myself to colour in!

Whatever it is, I'm prescribing myself (and you!) 5 minutes at least of colouring in with really bright colours when you're feeling blue. 

1 comment:

Sally said...

Great idea. I love a bit of colouring in... and we've been doing a lot of it at the moment being stuck indoors with poor weather.
Bright colours make smiling easy.