Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Planting

Don't you love how life takes charge sometimes and wonderful things happen?  This morning we helped out with planting seedlings as part of protecting the bushland around our area.  The small group was brought together by a friend of ours who is passionate about environmental issues and walks his talk; it was fantastic being in amongst nature and having the opportunity to meet other people on our street, whilst helping to slow erosion from the stream when it floods by planting out seedlings, which will hopefully stabilise the ground with their roots.  We stopped for morning tea, and I swear that the cup of Earl Grey I had outside, in the bush, chatting with new friends was the best cup of tea I've had in a long, long time. 

I got chatting to another member of the group who is also an artist, and before we knew it we'd organized to have a walk together later in the week - I can't wait!  It's awesome to meet someone who is as passionate about creativity as I am. 

And to think, when I woke up this morning, I wanted to stay in bed and read and take a slow start to the day.  So glad I was persuaded to change my mind!

1 comment:

Sally said...

Sounds wonderful.