Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My kind of maths ...


You can always tell when I'm not feeling that great, my blogging is the first thing to be neglected!  Last week I had one of those mornings when I woke up and felt down.  Flat, squashed, like a pancake.  First reaction was to have a good cry, but then I spied my knitting on the table and worked a few rows before going to work.  Knitting is the new yoga - I was starting to feel better.  Crying avoided, phew.

After completing my admin jobs, I sneaked away to my studio and painted for a while - I'm working on some mixed media pics that I'm going to get printed for greeting cards which I'll sell on Etsy.  I'm finally working on my dream, not just talking and dreaming about it.  Also did some research on pricing and materials, before I knew it - hometime!  And - feeling much better by the end of the day.  If you're feeling like pants - create, create, create.  It really is the formula for finding inner peace!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I agree - becoming immersed in a project for a while really helps me when I get into a funk. The more complicated the project the better, since it demands all of my concentration and I don't have the brain space to worry about...anything. How great is it to take real, actual steps toward your authentic life? I've been doing the same thing lately. No more dreaming about it and putting it off and just thinking of the "somedays." Now's the time!

Sally said...

You're so right! Creating... sometime you've just got to do it and let some of the other stuff slip. As mothers it is so very important that we invest in ourselves so that there is something to share with the mob.
I'm behind in my reading... so I am hoping that by the time you read this you're feeling much better. Spring is almost here - time we gathered up our yarn and took it with us into the sunshine so that we can smell the flowers as we create.