Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

Musings on mad going's on ...

Oops - forgot to blog yesterday - very busy with our business conference and head full of facts - some interesting and some too techy for me to get (anything apart from a headache that is!)

Today we had a 'team' day and spent the day on Green Island - the sea was like a bath.  Absolutely gorgeous.  I've never been lucky enough to see anything of the Great Barrier Reef before, and we only saw it from a glass bottomed boat today, but how spectacular.  Words can't describe it really.  I wish I could paint it, draw it, crochet coral shapes - it's just so, so inspiring!!

Apologies for a very sorry looking photo, but lighting conditions are bad here!  Simply wanted to show that like the mad, creativity obsessed woman that I am, I managed to pack away quite a few craft materials and am busily making myself a necklace.  It's very cute, not sure if it's right for our awards night tomorrow, which it was originally intended for, but I plan to finish it anyway and post a pic.

Poor HB was sick on the boat today, she missed all the team games (not that I think she was that bothered!).  Wrapped in her Mr Rental towel she sat on my lap for some comfort and murmured to me that she sometimes forgets how special it is to have a cuddle with mum (ah, made my heart flutter).  So there we sat on the boat home, snuggled up together whilst everyone around us talked about the days goings on.  It's funny isn't it, how even in the midst of all the hustle and bustle, we can sometimes find a quiet, precious space and experience comfort and peace.  (It was the best part of my day xxxx)

No comments: