Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Diagonal weaving - at last I understand it!


I made my small hand weaving loom well over a year ago, looked up instructions for weaving on it, couldn't understand said instructions, lacked confidence in my ability and put the loom away in a box.


Today I took it out of its box because I felt like a meditative craft activity; usually knitting fits the bill but it's too hot to have part of a jumper sitting on my lap so I wondered if I could possibly work out the instructions.  After a bit of searching on the web I found my reference site and had another go at weaving, this time armed with pictures as well.


Yay!  I got it!  Well, let's put it this way, I've got it enough to be able to produce a square (just look at it, isn't it beautiful?) but not enough at this point to be able to write a tutorial.  I'll have to let you have the link instead to Spinning Down Under - it's a great site to explore.  And the weaving did the trick - very meditative and relaxing.  Maybe you should give it a go too?  There are instructions on how to make a small loom on the site mentioned above.  Hopefully there will be more weaving adventures throughout 2011!

No comments: