Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Something for the weekend ...

 ... note Superdog in the background ...
The last day of the holidays.  Do I feel :) or :(?  I will really miss my little people, two of whom are old enough to be bored of spending time with their aged p's, but thankfully they've decided not to be like that just yet.  The day has been spent naming school stuff and making sure everyone is ready for the big day.  I'm wondering if they're feeling as nervous as I am about the first day of the school year?

So ... all I have to show you is something I made for the weekend; for my daughter that is.  She attended the annual WAICON convention - for extreme manga and sci-fi fans - in costume and needed help with the top for her character.  This is where I came in - I'm quietly very proud of the final product as the pattern was drafted by moi, using HB's measurements (she's very petite) and is apparently as close to the real design as you can get.  What made me most happy was the smile on HB's face when she put the top on and it fitted perfectly.  Two happy people from one project - sounds perfect!

1 comment:

Sally said...

Your daughter looks fantastic. Awesome top for sure.