Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Knitting Needles


I love knitting - it is called the new yoga for a reason!  So relaxing.  I picked up a book at the library today called 'Knitting Through It' which contains stories of people who've got through darker times like war or prison by knitting their way through.  Sounds interesting; I'll have to let you know.

My latest knitting love is bamboo needles.  I'd heard they were kinder on your hands than metal needles, so when I saw them at the knockdown price of $1 I knew it was my time to trial them.  This pair are 4mm needles, they feel very light and are lovely and smooth so your knitting won't get snagged on them.  They are warmer than metal needles which is I suppose the reason why they are better for your hands.  The only drawback as I see it is that they don't make the characteristic click-click associated with knitting, more of a 'shk' but I don't care - I'm in love!

No comments: