Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Lessons from a Dragonfly



I've not been writing in my blog as much as I've been wanting to - I always leave it until the evening, by which time I'm too tired to string a thought together (I've been warned this is what happens after hitting 40!).   So, I'm going to try and make time for blogging earlier in the day, it would be a shame to stop as I enjoy it so much.

What do you think of my delicate dragonfly?  I attended a teleclass this weekend with a friend I made on SARK's Dream Boogie last year - Mikell Worley.  She's a very talented artist and is presently finishing up an ARTbundance coaching course at Artella, and this teleclass was part of her prac.  We learned all about the characteristics of the dragonfly and what we could learn from them in our own creative life journeys.  I learned that a dragonfly can't walk, it can only fly - how awesome to be able to view life from above!  I often fly within my dreams so it's a part of the dragonfly that I really resonated with.  Mikell also used the word 'luminous' to describe them and I just love that word!  Both the sound and the meaning - I think it's going on my favourite word list right next to onomatopoeia!!  To be a creative light in this world would be wonderful ...

No comments: