Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

The Gift of Time - a work in progress

It shouldn't have been that difficult ...



... all I had to do was attach 2 small hinges to make two 4" square canvasses open and close to make a little 'shrine' for my time artwork.  I made tiny holes to start the screws off - but found out after talking to Duncan much later that I hadn't made them deep enough - which is the reason for the screws not going into the wood properly.  That coupled with the fact that I was using a really cheap and nasty screwdriver from my own toolbox (sounds impressive but it's the teeny tiny $3 special from Bunnings, filled with extremely cheap tools and a glue gun), so I had to go and pinch a decent screwdriver from my husband's toolbox.  Treading on dangerous territory here, woe-betide anyone who doesn't return a tool to its proper place!  

I was absolutely determined that I would do this by myself and not have to ask Duncan to rescue my hinges and canvasses.   By this time I was beginning to get bored with this part of the project, so I got my hammer and smacked the last screw the rest of the way in.  I figured as long as 3 out of the 4 screws were in properly it would be ok - it's a work of art darling, not a door I'm hanging ;)

No comments: