Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Happy Birthday to me! :) Celebrate with the Super Singapore Sling


Only a little post today, I have had such a lovely day celebrating my birthday, with lovely friends and my gorgeous family, from both sides of the world xxx  So in a minute I'm going to phone my birthday buddy then go to bed!  When I envisioned my day I knew I wanted to have a 'Singapore Sling' and share it with dear friends, which I did.  So as a little giftie to you I'm putting the recipe here for the best Singapore Sling in the world (it's almost a guestpost, as the recipe has been tweaked and perfected by my husband, and typed up by him for our use ...)

Duncan's Perfect Singapore Sling:

5 shots of quality pineapple juice
1.5 to 2  shots of gin (sapphire is great)
1/4. Shot of freshly squeezed lime juice
1/2.        Shot of cherry brandy
1/3.        Shot of Benedictine
1/3.        Shot of Cointreau
1             Dash of Angustura bitters

Shake in cocktail mixer with ice, strain and pour into a long glass over plenty of ice. Add a lime wedge and top up with soda water.

Go on, find any excuse to try one.  Then let me know what you think :)

1 comment:

Chris said...

Sooooooo sorry I didn't get to speak to you on our special day! Heaps of love x