Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

My Creative Space: Knitting Board Basics

Okay, so I bought this knitting loom well over a year ago, you know how it is, on an impulse you buy a new gadget, get it home then realize you have no idea what to do with it or how to work it. The dodgy instructions didn't help either :)


Then, earlier this year, oh lovely library, I find this fab book on how to use a 'knitting board'.  It's packed with how-to's and projects and is the only one I've seen on the subject.  It's called Knitting Board Basics by Pat Novak and Kim Novak if you'd like to take a look.


So I got to work and did a few rows in stocking stitch, then decided I was competent enough to try some 2 colour knitting :)  Dots no less.  Here they are:


And I'm even prouder to say I'm using wool from my stash rather than going out and buying new supplies.  I know it's a bit late for resolutions being a quarter of the way through 2012, but I'm making the intention of using what I have rather than going out and buying new.  So far, so good.  And knitting on the loom is very relaxing and doesn't seem to be as hard on the hands, so if you're interested on having a go they are quite inexpensive - especially if you have one already in your stash!

More creative spaces to explore here!

No comments: