Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Being a tourist - Part 2

The worst part of being a tourist is the journey home I think - I was not looking forward to the flight home, needless to say because I don't cope well with jetlag coming from the UK back to Oz.  But here I am a week later, feeling almost human and able to communicate with words again :)

So, thought I'd share a few more pics of my time back in Blighty ...

Summer weather ... it is August after all:


 My dad, my sister and I - celebrating dad's big birthday!


And a little creativity included to keep me inspired -

This is part of the shell galllery at A la Ronde - an amazing hexadecagonal sided house in Devon.  The stairs are so narrow you could just squeeze up them if only you were allowed to climb up them.  The Parminter cousins must have been very tiny!
And one of my favourite pics of a favourite childhood past-time, rock-pooling - on a delightful summer's day at the beach ...


It is wonderful to be back with my hubby and children, but I did have the most wonderful time catching up with my family on the other side of the world.  I was very lucky to be able to spend so much quality time with my dad, something not everyone gets the chance to do.  Very special memories were made on this trip xxxxx




No comments: