Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Blogtoberfest days 27 and 28 - The Duct Tape Corset!


Ho hum – I’m now in Mandurah – without internet service!  So I’m having to write my posts in Word to save for later, and they’ll all appear on the same day.  At least Blogtober is still happening, even if at a delayed rate!
So here are the photos I took on 27th, blogging about on the 28th and possibly not being published until after the 29th!  They’re pics of the brilliant duct tape corset I made as part of the costume for the wedding anniversary/Halloween party we went to on Saturday.

Tools of the trade – having fun making holes and putting in eyelets ...
Starting on the skirt, which is made from a black sheet – here I’m trying to create the Gothic look ...

Lots of fun with tulle and organza ...


The finished outfit, minus my pointy hat ...
Front of the corset (sorry for fuzziness, bad lighting!)

Edited later:  The corset pattern/idea was taken from the brilliant book 'Anticraft - Knitting, beading, and stitching for the Slightly Sinister' by Renee Rigdon and Zabet Stewart.
I so enjoyed making the costume up as I went along ... I can feel a new career as a costume/dressmaker forming itself in my mind ... J
 

No comments: