Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

AEDM day 3 - my garden coloured in

 
As promised, here is my picture from yesterday coloured in. 

And the story behind it?  Yesterday at meditation we were invited to go to our 'happy place' and I was immediately transported to the gardens at Castle Drogo which I had visited with my dad earlier this year.  We came to this beautiful lawn divided by paths, with a large garden gate to each side, and through this particular gate I could see the beautiful rolling hills of the Devon countryside.  I felt so at home :)   I also discovered that the head gardener there is a very good friend of my sister, so it all felt linked to my family and the country of my birth.  This picture is a happy picture; I felt so peaceful and content whilst creating it.  Now I have my happy place in my head, and on paper so that I can share it with others.

Where's your happy place?

Visit another happy place for more art every day this month ...

1 comment:

Julie Jordan Scott said...

Ohhh, what a lovely happy place. I wish I could draw like you do!!

Happy Art Everyday Month!!