Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Day 23 and 24 ... I am grateful for ...

Yesterday, I was happy to be able to celebrate my hubby's birthday with the whole family - for once we were all in the same house, for a little while at least :)  I'm also grateful that the cheesecake (an alternative birthday cake) and the lemon tart, both of which I'd made for the first time yesterday, worked out really well.  Phew ... not that I like to put myself under pressure or anything ...

As for today, I'm grateful for time spent with friends, one of whom shared lunch with us - we met other friends in the forest on our walk with Charlie Dog so it turned into quite a social event.  I'm also grateful for the afternoon visit into the village with my Little Man - we visited the library and he chose cool chapter books that he's started reading by himself, whilst I chose a pile of crafty books and reserved the last book in the Hunger Games trilogy.  Then we moved onto the shopping centre, bumped into more friends and Little Man got some playtime in the shopping centre atrium whilst I tried on a new pair of super doody red trousers :)  (Bargainsville at $10 so I'm pretty grateful for that little treasure too).   And we mustn't forget the visit to the English lolly shop  ... yum, yum ...

It's definitely getting easier doing the gratitude thing as each day passes by :)

No comments: