Pages

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Quilts galore ...

hexagon heaven
I was lucky enough to visit the Perth Craft and Quilt Fair this week, and the entry fee of $16 was well worth it to discover the treasures hidden within the quilt exhibition at the end of the endless rows of shops and stalls.  I took a few pics to share with you, so you can 'oooh' and 'ahhh' over them too :)

This quilt particularly struck me, it's about a theme close to my heart and depicts the journey through depression to recovery.  As a work of art it's absolutely beautiful, but it also has a very powerful message - what a wonderful way to express it (sorry I didn't take a note of the quilter).  But isn't it amazing?

detail - 'free'

the whole journey (slightly cropped when edited for this post)

detail - 'depression'
No self-respecting quilt expo would be complete without hexagons, look at this variation on the theme:


If anyone does know the name of any of the artist's whose work I've photographed please let me know, I'd love to give them credit.  There was so much to see at the show, beautiful work, a myriad of expressions, wonderful!  I feel very inspired.

To finish where I began,

No comments: