Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Creative Thursday: CAL show and tell



Firstly, I don't know what's happened to my blogging!  I keep thinking of things to write about, work it all out in my head, even take the photos and then forget to put it down in my blog!  I just have a virtual blog running in my head!



So, I had a look through my photos and found my CAL pics - I finally finished the yarn eater blankie (follow the links to free patterns on the menu on Sarah London's blog) which I started about 18 months ago, and if I say so myself, it's lookin' mighty fine!  Already it's been commandeered by the kids who are snuggling up under it as winter takes a hold (you know when it's been about 17 degrees in the day!)  We've gone soft after living here for over 9 years :)


I've been asked a few times what yarn I used for this - it's simply acrylic 8 ply yarn, a mix of some Panda Magnum yarn and good old Spotlight basics yarn.   I find the acrylics have lovely bright colours, and I wanted a real rainbow coloured rug, just ignore the slightly unnatural dyes and fibre content :)  Actually Sarah London has started another CAL, again with the yarn eater pattern, but this time using motifs - it looks lovely, I may have a go at that, using real wool this time and more muted autumnal colours.


What have you been up to this week?  Stay warm, or keep cool depending on where you are ...

2 comments:

Chris said...

I couldn't understand the pattern at all, I need you to show me pretty please!

Larissa said...

I would love to - I will think of a way! xx