Pages

Sunday, September 8, 2013

On decluttering and sewing machines ...

Pretty ...
Today has been a cleaning up and making room kind of day :)  We've started weeding in the backyard in preparation for summer.  We've only cleared a third of it, but already the yard feels bigger and just simply nicer to be in!

I actually cleared away the piles of clean clothes in the laundry ... happy, happy ...

My wardrobe is being decluttered, I'm being honest about what I wear frequently and what I'm keeping just because I like the colour or am hoping I'll get into again one day when I'm superslim - and those items will make it to the op shop in the week!

very, very old, but very much loved ...
And lastly, I re-discovered my old sewing machine when decluttering my wardrobe.  And my lovely husband spent his Sunday afternoon giving the old Viking some TLC - a good dusting and oiling.  Now the machine works like new and is soooooooo quiet compared to my new Singer 160, which sounds very clunky, but has fab stitch patterns and lights up when you switch her on.  So now I have two machines to choose from and my old faithful, which my mum and dad bought for me when I was about 19, doesn't have to go to the sewing machine graveyard.

Hurray for decluttering!

No comments: