Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

What makes you YOU?

Not sure if I've shared this but it's the most recent thing I've done

Do you know what your signature style is?  Me neither :)  Tilly of Tilly and the Buttons fame (if you haven't heard of her, where have you been living?  She was on the Great British Sewing Bee and is a very talented seamstress) has written a fab post about defining what makes you, you.  She created a mood board of her style 'wants' and 'likes' to help build her new look website, taking the inspiration from the fabulous projects she makes for her wardrobe. 

I think this concept could work for all sorts of areas in life, so today I've been contemplating what I like, how I like to present myself and what is important to me to do in my life.  The obvious thing that came up was that I like making - anything.  I love my craft, my dress-making, knitting, crochet, photography and blogging.  But I also love painting and drawing, and came to the realization that I actually haven't done any for quite some considerable time.  I don't think I've painted at all this year.  And I really, really miss it.  My first love is working with textiles, but the ideas always come as pictures into my head and it would be amazing to be able to transfer them to paper first.  So now I'm aware of this omission, hopefully I'll be able to do something about it!

Style-wise, in my dressing, I think this summer it's going to be about dresses!  I love them.  And the look I go for is decidedly boho (hippy to you dad :)), vintage, slightly whimsical and pretty!  I'd love to embrace my arty, slightly eccentric side, and by making my own clothes I should be able to do just that :)  A good excuse to make more dresses and more material for posts.  So stay tuned ...

Also time to go exploring Pinterest, you can find me here too - mood boards aplenty - a time vortex that you'll never get out of if you're not careful.  I love it!

No comments: