Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Disappointed ... but not daunted ...

Wowzers - it has been super hot for the past few days.  Another nearly 40 degree day today.  I think I'm getting more used to the temperatures after having lived in Perth for nearly 10 years, but I still don't like the heat.  I seem to move even more slowly, like I'm caught in some kind of slow motion film of my life.  Yuck.  I wonder if anyone does actually like the extreme heat?

waiting ...
Now ... my disappointment.  It's to do with that dress that I mentioned in my last post.  Pleasingly too big now since I last fitted it, pre-running phase.  Good that I've also learned the lesson that one should really still fit as one goes when producing a garment.  Rather too late in this case.  What to do?

Well, I've decided to put the dress on hold.  It hangs from my bedroom door and haunts me everyday!  I had thought of attaching some of the patterned fabric in interesting shapes to the front green panel.  As this post has been written over the past 3 or 4 days (told you the hot weather slows me down) I have had a few more inspired ideas.  I was flicking through a magazine today and saw a similarly panelled dress which used highlights of the panelled fabric throughout the dress with features such as binding edges and applique.  I may well do the same.  I'll leave the dress for a few more days to mull it over.

go slow ...
In the meantime I've been taking creativity real slow - hand sewing hexagon flowers and cutting out some fabric to make  pair of shorts which are perfect for this summer and a tee shirt being made out of an old dress.  To be shared soon.

How do you like to spend your 'slow' creative days?

No comments: