Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Jalie 2796 - running skirt

OK, it's day 7 of my counting up and down :) ... and my second day for me-made-May.


Look at that - photo bombed by my dog ..,

Today I'm showcasing my running skirt.  It's made from Jalie 2796 pattern and proper supplex fabric, which wicks moisture away from your body when you run and get hot (basically you don't get too sweaty in your clothes, mmmmm, lovely)  The lovely aqua was from the Remnant Warehouse and the stripey rainbow fabric was from Runner's Fabrics.  The rainbow fabric is beautifully soft and very comfortable.  I would love to make a pair of leggings from this.  It's pricey at approx. $17 per half metre, but well worth it in terms of comfort and wicking capability and the customer service is fab.  There is a good variety of plain and stripey colours available too.


The skirt I'm wearing has in-built shorts, I did take a photo to prove it, but it was fairly horrible to look at so didn't bother to publish here!  You'll just have to take my word for it.  The pattern is for the skirt with shorts in-built or compression shorts, or mini shorts (hot pants!)


And look at this - pockets!  Great for your phone if you're using a running app, or for your car keys.

I found the pattern quick and easy to sew and I want to make lots more!

No comments: