Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day Classic 2014

Oops - I've been a day behind with my countdown to my UK visit, I'm actually on day 14 now ...


Today is Mother's Day here in Australia - Happy Mother's Day mum!!!  xxxxx  And to all the other mums out there  xxx

It's been a great day.  I've been looked after and spoiled.  Little Man treated me to brekkie in bed, he proudly walked in with 2 slices of toast, an entire pack of butter, a jar of jam and jar of Marmite, all delivered on a silver tray :) 




A beautiful day for a walk ...
How to follow that?  With an 8 km walk around Perth foreshore of course!  A group of us got together to walk the Perth Mother's Day Classic; you can walk or run to raise funds for breast cancer research.  Most people do it in memory of someone who has struggled or is struggling with breast cancer, and I chose my grandma Grace and my mum who looked after her when she was ill. 



A sea of pink at the starting line ...
My lovely daughter HB kept me company and took the awesome selfies!  It was lovely to be able to spend time with one child - we talked about loads and put the world to rights!  I'm so proud of her because at one point she wanted to stop and just complete the 4km as walking in the bright sun was making her feel woozy, but she when it came time to choose she kept on walking with me towards the second loop.   Then after that we drove back home and she treated me to coffee and cake.  A perfect day :)


Still smiling after 10k which was the walk + the walk to and from the car park - yes, I did take my pedometer and measure the whole distance!!

2 comments:

Lesley Gent said...

Well done to my big sis and my lovely niece HB.....love you guys and can't wait to set the world to rights when you are over here in the UK in July xxxxxxx

Chris said...

Well done you two!