Pages

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Little Ellie skirt


We're beginning to sort out what we want to pack - and in my pile I found the skirt I've made for my niece which will travel with us.

I bought the fabric last time I went to the UK in 2012 and little miss chose it herself.  I like to take my time making things though ...


The skirt is simply made from a rectangle, hemmed and a casing made at the top.  I used 2 cm wide elastic so it's nice and comfy, and just did a row of stitching through the elastic at the side seams to stop the elastic from twisting with wear, which gets really annoying!  It's such a simple pattern which allows for a bit of embellishment - such at the pockets trimmed with bias binding.

What do you reckon of the photos and styling?  So many of the sewing bloggers I read seem to be taking their photos of their clothes in front of their shed, so I decided if you can't beat 'em, join 'em, and allowed my hubby's shed a starring role ;)

1 comment:

Janet said...

The skirt looks uber happy hanging on the shed. Love the fabric!