Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Forgotten Blogtoberfest Day 3 - An exciting day, part 1!

Can't believe I forgot to blog yesterday so early in the game!  Actually, I did remember when I'd got into bed, but I was so toasty and warm I made the decision to stay put and do the blogging today.  Yesterday was a pretty big day so I'd wanted to do the post in two parts, and still intend to.


I woke up yesterday with a mission in mind.  You see, I'd bought this drum nearly 2 years ago, but for one reason or another we both had trouble getting our acts together, and I was only able to get the drum yesterday as Helen had brought it over with her on a visit to the west.  Isn't it amazing?  Helen Wells is the very talented artist - google her for other beautiful works to admire.  I'd asked for a purple dragon, but could never have imagined how stunning it would turn out.

My journey involved travelling to Mount Lawley, a suburb a stone's throw away from the city.  I don't know if I've said before, but I have  been very anxious about driving for quite some time and could only make the journey between the Hills and our nearest town (about 12 km's away), so you can see how a journey nearly to the city would be a stretch for me.  But I had a reason, I've had lots of practise over the past couple of years after working on my nerves, and I found some items of interest whilst wandering up and down Beaufort street looking for our rendezvous point!  It was an adventure instead of a trial :)


Some yarn bombing going on ... knitting


and knitting with crocheted butterflies ... no more boring cycle racks for this city ...


a beautiful splash of colour ...


... I really liked this poster plastered on a derelict building because it kind of reminds me of the Cheshire Cat, but for all I know it could have druggy connotations, judging by the abundance of mushrooms ...


... a real cat enjoying the sun and having his photo taken.

A good day, which only got better, as you will discover!  :)  Well, for me anyway! xx

No comments: